- Events Calendar
- Lifetime Email Log-in
- Register for Lifetime Email
- Subscribe to eNewsletter
- Become Fan on Facebook
- LinkedIn Group
- Follow on Twitter
- Alumni Directory
Form an MBA Chapter
Interested in setting up an MBA Alumni Chapter near you? It's a great way to stay in contact with other local alumni, support the Illinois MBA, and host special events. If you would like to propose a local MBA Alumni Chapter in your area, please contact the Office of Alumni & External Affairs at (217) 244-6669, or email MBAAlumni@cba.uiuc.edu.
The Office for Alumni & External Affairs will assist you in the following ways:
- Provide a contact list of alumni in your area to build membership.
- Provide advice on scheduling and other arrangements.
- There may be Illini Clubs in your area. We will put you in contact with them if applicable.
- Review promotional and registration mailings.
- Promote chapter activities via college publications and websites.
What you need to do:
- Organize a committee of other alumni to assist you with the organization of the chapter.
- Contact the Office for Alumni & External Affairs prior to forming a committee. Members must be MBA Alumni from the College of Business at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and should be members of the University of Illinois Alumni Association.
- Dues cannot be collected. Events and meetings need to be operated via the MBA Alumni Association and priced on a cost-recovery basis. Establishing relationships with contingencies and vendors in your area to help minimize or control expenses for meetings and events is highly desirable.
- Create a timeline for planning arrangements and assign committee members to specific responsibilities.
- Make necessary arrangements with hosts and/or vendors.
- Conducts a calling/e-mail campaign to encourage attendance among your group.
- Maintain contact with the Office for External & Alumni Affairs during all activities of the chapter.
- E-mail and attendee lists should be created and maintained at every event.
Suggested formation activities:
- Social hours for networking
- Public events combined with a social hour