Office of the Dean

Important Site Links

Dean DeBrock

Stay Connected

Multimedia Presentations

College Publications

Frequently asked Questions

If you have a question, please take a moment to look below to see if it is already asked and answered! This Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page is designed to give you the most specialized help the College of Business has for common questions.

1. Can I make an appointment with an advisor?

Certainly! College advisors are located in The Emerson Cammack Office of Undergraduate Affairs in the Business Instructional Facility (BIF), Room 1055. Give the office a call at 333-2740.

2. I just found out I didn't graduate. What do I do?

Call the Office of Undergraduate Affairs at 333-2740 and speak to an advisor.

3. I want to know what scholarships you offer and how I apply.

We have over 40 different scholarships. You can check with the Office of Undergraduate Affairs at 333-2740.

To Top

4. What does my GPA have to be to make the dean's list? How am I notified?

Effective with the fall 2004 semester, the Dean’s List is prepared each semester to honor all students whose grade-point average for that semester is 3.80 or better. Other eligibility criteria include completion of at least 14 hours of course work in which traditional letter grades are earned (i.e., excludes courses graded credit/no credit, satisfactory/unsatisfactory, and test-based credit that is graded pass/fail) and any course work completed through Study Abroad, subject to these same limitations.

No consideration is given for the Dean’s List until final traditional grades are submitted for courses designated EX and DF.

Students who are named to the Dean's List are notified by letter and receive a certificate.

If you believe you should be placed on the Dean’s List as a result of a grade change or a grade received more than a month after the end of the semester, notify the Office of Undergraduate Affairs (333-2740) to ensure that corrective action will be taken.

5. What's the minimum GPA to get into the College of Business?

A floating competitive GPA is in effect. It is based on the number of available spaces and quality of the applicants.

6. Where can I find out if I received credit for a course?

Check with the Office of Undergraduate Affairs in 1055 BIF.

To Top

7. When is graduation?

Graduation information is available on the convocation website.

8. Where do I get information for summer school classes?

The Office of Undergraduate Affairs (333-2740) has all the class information.

9. I'm interested in an internship. Who do I talk to?

Visit the College's Business Career Services website, or call their office at 217-333-2840.

To Top


UIUC College of Business Office of the Dean