Better Because of Illinois
- National Finalists at the 2011 KPMG Global Case Study Competition
- #3 preferred institution for recruiters Wall Street Journal
- 2011 Big Ten Case Competitions Champions
Michael Lyons, Class of 2013, B.S. Finance
- Founded and working full-time at Global Petals LLC, an intermediary between fresh flower farms in South America and retail buyers in the US
- Participated in Rockwell Collins Case Competition, Fighting Illini Triathlon Team
- Studied in Turkey and Ecuador, traveled to Spain, France, Germany, Netherlands, Italy, Ireland, England, and Argentina
"There were so many incredible role models at the University of Illinois who inspired me to take a different path - students, faculty, and others. I'm incredibly thankful to have had them in my life and will rely on them in the future as well. It is because of the Honors Program, and the incredible friends within it, that I was able to build the confidence and the desire to shoot for the stars."
Rafiat Akeju, Class of 2012, B.S. Accountancy
- Tax associate at PricewaterhouseCoopers after working three summer internships
- Former graduate counselor for College of Business, 2nd place in Phillip Morris James scholar case competition
- Studied in Vienna, Austria and China; traveled to numerous countries
"Being in the business honors program taught me to become comfortable with being uncomfortable, enabling me to become a better leader today."
Cynthia Wong, Class of 2010, B.S. Marketing, B.S. International Business
- Working full time in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia as a Facebook Advertising and Social Media Specialist at Mindvalley
- Her passion for travel has led her to visit 50 countries by the age of 25.
- Through this and her role as president of AIESEC Illinois in 2008, she was honored with the Illinois International Undergraduate Achievement Award in 2009
"I owe a major part of who I am to the experiences I have had, the cultures I have been immersed in, and the people I have interacted with while abroad."