Better Because of Illinois
- Deloitte Foundation National Student Case Study Competition 2010
- 90% of students who begin in the College of Business will graduate from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (highest on-campus)
- Deloitte: International Student Business Forum 2010
University General Education Requirements
Composition I (4 Hours)
Met in one of the following ways:
- Rhet 100, 101 and 102
- Rhet 103 and 104
- Rhet 105
- CMN 111 & 112 (students who complete this sequence do not need to complete CMN 101 in the Business Core Curriculum)
- ESL 114 and 115 (Some international students may be required to take this sequence based upon TOEFL score or placement exam).
- Scored a 32 or above on the ACT English section (You will receive the 4 credit hours for completing the requirement as well).
- Scored a 4 or 5 on the AP English Language and Composition or English Literature and Composition Exam.
ACT English score will determine which sequence you will take.
Advanced Composition (3 Hours)
Must be taken on this campus; cannot be transferred from another school. Choose one course from the campus approved list.
Quantitative Reasoning Requirement
This requirement is met by the College of Business math requirement.
Language other than English (0-20 Hours)
You must have proficiency at the Fourth Semester Level.
May be satisfied in any of the following manners:
- Four years of one foreign language in high school
- Through the fourth level of a single foreign language on a college campus
- A combination of 3 semesters/3 years high school of two languages
Humanities and the Arts (3 courses)
At least one of the courses in the Humanities and the Arts area must be a 200- or 300-level course.
- Literature and the Arts (1-2 courses)
- Historical and Philosophical Perspectives (1-2 courses)
Cultural Studies (2 courses)
Courses can be selected from this area that will also fulfill the Humanities and the Arts Area.