Better Because of Illinois
- #2 ranked Accountancy program in the country US News & World Report
- Students who study abroad through the College of Business typically pay about $1,800 in tuition during their semester abroad
- Most ethnically diverse Business School in the Big Ten.
Freshman Year (1st Year)
Students invited to enter the College of Business as James Scholars must meet the following requirements to continue as a James Scholar in the sophomore (2nd) year:
- Earn an "A" or "B" grade in the honors section of Business 101 and successfully complete the assigned honors project.
- Successfully participate in the James Scholar Dean's Honors Seminar (BUS 199), a spring semester course which meets weekly with the assistant dean for advising and registration. The Dean's Honors Seminar will introduce James Scholars with resources that they may select to build skills in areas such as leadership, teamwork, consulting, technology, community service, entrepreneurship, etc.
- Participate in the winter break Job Shadow program administered by the Office of Business Career Services.
- Participate in the Spring Sleeman Leadership Program for James Scholars.The Sleeman Leadership Program, funded by a gift to the College of Business from Tom and Nancy Sleeman, is offered by the College of Business Office of Undergraduate Affairs.
- Earn at least a 3.5 GPA in 14 graded ILLINOIS hours in the fall semester, and at least a 3.5 GPA in 14 graded ILLINOIS hours in the spring semester, with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.5 for the freshman year. Please note - Graded hours do not include Pass/Fail, Credit/No Credit, or Guided Individual Study courses. You must receive a letter grade for the class for it to count towards this requirement.
- Sign the College of Business James Scholar Program Code of Conduct.
To propose a new option for an activity requirement to fulfill the James Scholar requirement, please use the form provided here. If you have any questions, please contact the James Scholar Executive Committee, firstname.lastname@example.org.